What is MTech?
MTECH (Mountainland Technical College) is a trade school with campuses throughout Utah County. MTECH allows you to graduate with a certificate or license - usually in less than a year - so you are immediately able to join the workforce in a high-paying field.
Though they are a post-high school institution, MTECH partners with Mountain View to give high school students these same opportunities - tuition free!
Our priority at MVHS will always be high school graduation, so it is important to us that you are on track to graduate before you consider MTECH. Enrolling in an MTECH program can count for General Elective or CTE credit, but it will not count for your core credits. (Visit your grade's CCR page for a video tutorial on graduation requirements and how to see if you are on track.)
MTECH offers dozens of programs in a variety of fields. Those programs are organized into the following categories:
- Culinary Arts
- Computer Systems
- Emergency Healthcare
- Transportation and Flagging
- Custom Fit Business Training
How do I sign up?
These are the steps you should take if you are considering MTECH:
- Review your graduation requirements. If you are behind on your credits, MTECH is probably not a good fit for you. If you are ahead on your credits, then this could be a great opportunity!
- Visit MTECH's website. Click on the "Programs" tab if you're not sure which program you want to join. Once you've decided on a program, click on the "Admissions" tab for a step-by-step guide to help you get registered.
- Keep in mind: Cost, Location, and Time. While the cost of MTECH is dramatically reduced by the tuition waiver, you will still be responsible for class fees and materials. You are also responsible for your transportation, so pay attention to which campus your program is taught at. Finally, be careful in selecting which time slot you want to register for; if you want to take a choir class at MVHS that is only taught A1, but you pick a morning MTECH program, you're going to run into conflicts.
- Check in with your MVHS counselor. It's a good idea to talk with us about your plans before you sign up. We might have important information regarding your graduation credits or scheduling needs that could influence your decision.
- Meet with an MTECH counselor. Not all programs require this meeting, but it is always helpful. Your MTECH counselor can explain the process of your MTECH enrollment, including whether you need to take the entrance exam or complete other prerequisites. Click this link to set up an appointment.
- Create your MTECH account and apply! This is done through MTECH's student portal. The MTECH counselor can help you set this up if you haven't yet.
- Notify your counselor when you are accepted. This lets us know to go ahead and add the program to your schedule so you can earn credit for it.
For specific questions about MTECH's programs (registration, financial aid, etc.) you should contact MTECH directly. This page has the addresses for all their main campuses, as well as a chat feature.
Orem Campus Counselor
Orem Campus Counselor